0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 8:52 AM by meiwalsh

how to get response data from user.getPreferences

meiwalsh

I am new to Bunchball.  I am trying to retrieve firstName and lastName values that are set in a user's preferences.  However, due to the lack of documentation (I have read through all the api and NML docs), I could not find how to use the nitro:request & nitro:response to get the 2 preference values.  Here's how I did it but none work:

Try 1:

<nitro:request method="user.getPreferences">

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.name" value="firstName" >?</nitro:response>        

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.name" value="lastName" >?</nitro:response>        

</nitro:reuest>

Try 2:

<nitro:request method="user.getPreferences" addUserId="true">

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.name" value="firstName" addUserId="true" >?</nitro:response>        

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.name" value="lastName" addUserId="true">?</nitro:response>        

try 3:

<nitro:request method="user.getPreferences">

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.value" value="firstName">?</nitro:response>        

<nitro:response data="userPreferences.UserPreference.value" value="lastName">?</nitro:response>        

Any ideas?