5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 7:01 AM by saramiller

Do you do any benchmarking?

saramiller

Do you do any benchmarking reports for your community? For example, compare spaces or communities against one another to determine is they are getting average (or maybe low or high) engagement? What reports do you use to do this? Thanks for any help you can providfe!

• Re: Do you do any benchmarking?
          Megan Truett

Other than the standard Community Manager Report, I use Google Analytics. They've unfortunately changed a bit recently, but the biggest was taking away search terms that lead people to your site so it really doesn't impact internal CMS.

shirlin

I do a lot of benchmarking with users. I like to see who are power users, who are regular users and late adopters. Then I see who is an emerging power user and have tactics to nurture them as a power user.

spearce

The number of responses to a question can be helpful IF you are trying to start a conversation with that question (vs. just getting a straight answer).

gburzyn2

Benchmarking is a useful tool to way to measure growth and uncover insights from one group that may help another.  What you should benchmark is obviously up to your objectives, but here a few examples we've seen be helpful:

• User adoption by department (Get to this info by combining the user adoption and profile completion report) Being able to benchmark departments or even roles against each other can lead to really interesting activation/ communication tactics
                • Time to answer a question report- as the community grows, it should be able to answer questions quicker.
                • Employee engagement- not something done with community manager reports, but simply surveying can answer whether or not the community is increasing satisfaction, engagement, ease of finding an expert, etc.
                1 person found this helpful
                  saramiller

Thanks, all. I appreicate this quick help!