1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 9:12 AM by trishaliu

Got a new job, seeking friendly advice!

Manni

Hello to my Bay Area User Group FAMILY!

Had fun catching up with those of you that attended Jive World this year - you know who you are. You guys are a hoot and a half, I tell you

I left my community manager post at EMC a few weeks ago. A bittersweet good bye, but I needed to see what was beyond the horizon.

My new role is to help internal employees use Jive communities to collaborate and use its powers for good! If you had a chance to do it all over again from the beginning, what would you like to accomplish or focused on?

I wish I could be John Summers right now

• Re: Got a new job, seeking friendly advice!
          trishaliu

Manni, congratulations on your new job! I also started a new job (three months ago) and if I had *that* experience to do all over again (haha), I would say:

Look for the teams or individuals who have been eagerly waiting for a solution and focus on them first, rather than going too broad and bringing along everyone, including the naysayers. In other words, start small with the champions and advocates. Their success will be great selling tools to show the other teams, and their energy will hopefully be contagious.

Best wishes!

Trisha