5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 2:47 PM by jhafke

Favicon Icon replacement

I m trying to change the favicon icon to something else. I replaced the clearspace x ones that were present in the /appdata/jive_clearspacex_standalone_1_10_0/server/webapps/hiregorilla directory but it stills picks up the clearspacex. Restarted the server as well. Any smart way to do this by setting some proerpty or somethig else.

Thanks

• Re: Favicon Icon replacement
          dawn

I think you'll want to put the favicon in your theme directory:

jiveHome/themes/yourthemenamehere/favicon.ico

I'm pretty sure this is where the favicon is being set for Jivespace.

dawn

One of our designers just kindly pointed out that my suggestion only works if you override template.ftl and include these lines:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href='<@ww.url value="/themes/yourthemename/favicon.ico" includeParams="none" />' />
              <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href='<@ww.url value="/themes/yourthemename/favicon.png"  includeParams="none" />' />

I'm HAD troubles with the above directions to replace the favicon, but my good friend Rysiek figured it out...

1. I've edited the  /template/decorator/default/template.ftl  to contain the suggested code :

<link rel="shortcut icon" href='<@ww.url value="/themes/yourthemename/favicon.ico" includeParams="none" />' />
                  <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href='<@ww.url value="/themes/yourthemename/favicon.png"  includeParams="none" />' />

be sure to replace the "yourthemename/favicon.ico" with YOUR THEME NAME (duh)...

<link rel="shortcut icon" href='<@www.url value="/themes/jbossorg-custom/favicon.ico" includeParams="none" />' />
                  <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href='<@www.url value="/themes/jbossorg-custom/favicon.png"  includeParams="none" />' />

2. But the template.ftl already has the following code for the default favicon:

<#if (jiveContext.licenseManager.external)>
                          <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<@s.url value="/favicon_x.ico" />" />
                          <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="<@s.url value="/favicon_x.png"  />" />
                      <#else>
                          <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<@s.url value="/favicon.ico" />" />
                          <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="<@s.url value="/favicon.png"  />" />
                      </#if>

3. SO you need to do a bit of combining these by using the Clearspace tag @s.url in the original with your new directory structure, like so...

<link rel="shortcut icon" href='<@s.url value="/themes/jbossorg-custom/favicon.ico" includeParams="none" />' />
                  <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href='<@s.url value="/themes/jbossorg-custom/favicon.png"  includeParams="none" />' />

4. :) Make sure to clear your private data to see the new favicon!!!!

John Lascurettes

There is currently no elegant and easy way of replacing the favicons that doesn't involve theming template.ftl. If you're already theming that file, then it's not a big deal. But if  you're theming that file just to change the favicon href links, it seems like using a sledgehammer to drive in a staple.

What would be nice is one of these two approaches (consider this a request for a future enhancement):

1. Allow for a system property like customFavicon.src = uriToCustomIcon

2. If a theme is applied, check for favicon.ico||png||gif||jpg in the root of that theme.