8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 4:20 PM by glenmaroney

Do you miss the Your Stuff menu? Build your own!

Ted Hopton

I know I am not alone in missing the Your Stuff menu that used to be in Jive. There's lots of great stuff on the profile pages for helping people find things they worked on and care about, but few people seem to think to look there. Inspired by some cool ideas nbussard was testing in a Jive Cloud instance, I tried to figure out how to make links that would take you to your own profile page, and even more specifically, to the different tabs within your profile. What I needed was a way to insert the username into the URL.

I had no idea how to do that, but clever people in the Developer space did -- within 24 hours they had me hooked up with the code. (See the thread if you want to ask them questions about the technical aspects: How Do I Make a Dynamic URL to My Profile?)

Here's what I have come up with so far (it needs to be in an HTML widget, by the way -- does not work in Formatted Text widget):

your_stuff.png

Note that I worded the last item in a way to entice people to click on it, and hopefully update it, as it takes them to their profile page. And the "Points Rank" code will only work if you have the Bunchball Advanced Gamification module installed.

The code:

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/content');">Your Content</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/places');">Your Places</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/activity');">Your Recent Activity</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/people');">Your Connections</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/bookmarks?sortKey=user~subjectAsc&sortOrder=1');">Your Bookmarks</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'reputation.jspa?username='+window._jive_current_user.username+'&viewID=leaders');">Your Hub Points Rank</a></br>

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location.replace('/'+'people/'+window._jive_current_user.username+'/profile');">What People Know About You</a></br>

There should be a way to do this in the Quick Links menu, as John Schwiller pointed out that Dave Myers has nicely hacked and shared, although I have not tried that, yet.