4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2008 11:56 PM by bhagyaravi

How to access param values from ftl?

Hi,

I have somthing like  <input type="text" name="value1" value="" /> in my ftl page and i added a action in the xwork-plugin.xml based on submit of this page im planning to get the value of the text box in my action class

i tried  String value = request.getParameter("value1"); but it gives me null. value is this possible to get the text box value in this way or it require a different systex to do this

my objectvie here is to create some form and access those values in handler and process them.

• Re: How to access param values from ftl?

Hi,

Well, i got solution for my problem after looking into some of the theme templates to get the value as request parameter i need to use somthing like

<@ww.textfield theme="simple" name="user_crap_text" size="60" />

Bala.

hi Bala,

Typically what you'll want to do is create instance variables on your action and then corresponding getter / setter methods, you'll invoke the action using a request like this:

http://example.com/clearspace/your-action!input.jspa

which will call the input method of your action, giving you the ability to pre-fill the form if you want. In your FTL, again assuming you have the necessary getter / setter methods for your form fields, you'd just have this:

<input type="text" name="phone" value="${phone?html}" />

If you haven't already, you should run on over to the WebWork site and give their documentation a once over to get up to speed with WebWork actions.

Cheers,

AJ

1 person found this helpful

Hi AJ,

After the post i looked at the WebWork resources to understand the action flow i think i got it now. i used somthing like below to get the params     

from the ui

<input type="text" name="qtIdea" value="" /> 

class MyClass extends JiveActionSupport
                       implements ParameterAware{
                       Map parameters;..........
                       String[] textBoxValue = (String[]) parameters.get("qtIdea"); 

Thank you,

Bala.