1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 2:10 PM by roguen

Is there an easy way to copy a bulleted list from Jive document and have it retain its format when pasting into email or MS Word?

awansky

I searched ideas and support and found tons of questions/answers/ideas about past problems with pasting INTO the real time editor (RTE), but my question is about copying from a Jive document (or other type of post) which has bulleted or numbered lists, into an email or MS Word document.  Often I want to paste just a section of a Jive posting into an email, but I've found that any bulleted or numbered list loses the bullets/numbers, and if you have nested bullets it gets really messed up.  Is there an easy way to copy from a Jive document into some other application without losing bullet, number or outline formatting?

• Re: Is there an easy way to copy a bulleted list from Jive document and have it retain its format when pasting into email or MS Word?
          roguen

Can you take a couple of screen shots of what you see as well as what version of Jive you're using

For instance,

I had the following doc in Jive:

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 4.02.09 PM.png

And here it is pasted into Word:  First list was a straight post and the second I pasted it into notepad and then cut and paste it again into word (sorry for the page break in there).

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 4.01.15 PM.png

And then finally a paste into gmail:

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 4.01.42 PM.png

So the gmail past is working fine for me.  And the bad markup sometimes gets stripped out when running it through notepad or some other app like this.

The word examples are not perfect, but perhaps still usable (can be fixed with limited editing).  Are you seeing worse than this?