4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 2:08 AM by jochen

how to display HTML Body: text on email message?

hammad

I give style to html body message for password reset. But when I get auto email, it shows message from plan Text. how can I restrict plain text message and show the HTML body message?

• Re: how to display HTML Body: text on email message?
          jochen

Hi Hammad,

Jive sends both plain text & HTML versions at once. Your email client decides which version to display. To see the HTML version, either see if your client has a configuration option to enable HTML views. If your client doesn't provide such an option, you may have to use a different client.

This information can also be found in the documentation.

Best,

Jochen

1 person found this helpful
              hammad

Jochen Kirchgessner,

So there is no way we can choose to display message from HTML body. Because with header and footer, plain text message look  weird.

jochen

Hi Hammad,

Looks like your email client is already displaying  the HTML version of Header and Footer, which means that the client is capable of displaying the HTML body, too. The fact that the body is showing in plain text (I'm assuming your client turns links into anchors automatically) may indicate that something is wrong with the HTML body template. Do you see any exceptions in the application log when emails are sent?

In order to debug, I'd recommend you customize the email body. A very simple HTML snippet that clearly proves that the HTML version is showing upon receipt would be a great start. If that displays properly as HTML in your client, then start working towards the more complex template you actually want to use. Test frequently to notice when a change breaks HTML display in your client.

Best,

Jochen