9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 1:31 AM by tharaka

Jive 7 cloud connecting to SP

jimguyette

We are a regulated company looking at your Jive 7 cloud platform and for Legal and Compliance reasons do not want any documents stored in the Jive cloud. Is there a way that we can have all documents stored on our SP environment? If so how would you recommend that we set this up from the start so we do not have existing documents in Jive that will not be transfered to SP? Will only uploaded documents be stored in SP or do native Wiki docs also get store in SP?

• Re: Jive 7 cloud connecting to SP
          allanlewis67

Hi Jim,

I do not work for Jive; I'm a client in healthcare.

We have installed an on premises version of Jive (6.) and will upgrade to version 7 later this year. Jive indeed on premises connects with our locally stored/managed SharePoin documents.

The key word for referring to Jive software installed locally is: on premises

I'm having a hard time finding documentation online about the on-premises versions.  One way you can find out more is to go to the main page about Jive for SharePoint

https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-71248 and make a comment (as its administered by a Jive product manager, who will reply), or contact a Jive salesperson.

If you want to talk on the phone, send me a message.

Mor Avital can you enlighten here?
                mavital

I have a meeting with Jim on Tuesday to discuss this. But generally speaking, Jive for SP can be used in a Cloud Jive environment, no problem.

glenmaroney

Hi Mor Avital,

I have configured my connection from the Jive Cloud to on-premise SharePoint and it works for Search. However, all of the documents for Jive for SP refer to options that I can't find anywhere for connecting spaces or projects to SharePoint libraries.

Can you point me in the right direction for Jive Cloud in particular when setting up SharePoint?

Thank you.

Glen

mavital

Hi Glen,

In order to see the options when connecting Places to Sites in SP, you may have to properly configure the Jive for SP storage management option in the Add On console as well. We typically have a professional services engagement that goes alongside Jive for SP so that customers aren't left to fend for themselves during this process, and to ensure everything is set up correctly, did you have this also?

Thanks,

Mor

glenmaroney

Hi Mor,

Thank you for the reply.

I am working for a Jive Partner in Australia, we are deploying in order to develop the skills to better support Jive Professional Services. That complicates things somewhat. However, I have engaged our local SE team and they are looking into what needs to be done for me.

I’m convinced that the problem lies in Jive PS having extra options that I don’t see in my admin console. I just can’t find any documentation that confirms this.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Glen Maroney

Chief Technology Officer

m  +61 (0) 434 713 702

t     1300 835 723

a    Level 18, 197 St. Georges Terrace, Perth, WA 6000

www.velrada.com<http://velrada.com/>

mavital

Hi Glen,

I don't think Jive PS has extra options as it relates to configuring Jive for SP, as what they typically do is work with the customer to get it configured so that you have ongoing access anyway. It is hard for me to do via this discussion, and is something we don't document into the granular details specifically because it requires the PS engagement, so the best bet would be to start a discussion or case in your Support Group here in the JC where our support folks will be better able to assist you. I can jump in there as needed.

Thanks,

Mor

tharaka

Hi Glen,

Can you please share the steps you followed to configure  connection from the Jive Cloud to on-premise SharePoint?

Big Help

Thanks

Tharaka