4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 1:41 PM by cservilio

Is there a way to move a subspace into a different space without changing the URL?

cservilio

Hello collective wisdom, I'm wondering if there was a possible way to move a subspace into a different space without changing its URL.  The use case is that we have a space for a certain department, and we are launching a more general space for that entire business area.  The business owners want to move the departmental space in under the business area space as a subspace.  However, the department owners had previously encouraged all their users (and there are a lot of users) to set up the departmental space as their Internet homepage.

When I tried to move the departmental space into the business area space, without realizing that the URL would change, there was an immediate panic because everyone's link to have it as their homepage no longer worked, and I had to quickly move it back.  Now I'm wondering, can a subspace be moved into a different space without changing that link and ruining everyone's homepage setup?  Or if not, is there anything we can do on our end to automatically redirect users to the new location?