1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 12:26 PM by max.calderon

Mixed Private/Public Community - Recommendations?

lyndsay_lantz

We are launching a section of our private, registration based, community to the public.  This is a new endeavor for us, so I was wondering if there are any "gotchas" for the soon to be public side of our community.  We will be disabling any collaboration on the public site, but I suspect we will be getting a flood of new requests for access as the community is indexed by search engines.  Anyone have some guidelines/best practices?

-Lyndsay

• Re: Mixed Private/Public Community - Recommendations?

We've got a few discussions around on the best way to run this... let me see what I can dig up for you! Off the top of my head - there are some really cool things you can do with permissions around spaces and driving/guiding folks to certain areas of the community based on what they have visibility to. Initial guidance I would throw out would be to under architect rather than design the intricate architecture that may be ideal when the community is mature... it will take time to build to there, and if your community is over-architected then you'll actually drive against adoption