Hello all! I've been thinking about how to engage with my employee audience this year, and I've decided to work more on sharing tips via my status updates. Last year I concentrated on blogging. Some series took off (such as "[Jive] Roundup: What I liked this month, March 2013", one post for each month) and some did not, such as my series "Take the [Jive] Pledge: "In March I will..." (also one post per month), where I challenged associates to pledge to do something new in [Jive] each month. I also had additional posts such as "Seen on Campus" (featuring a printed ad that included reference to a [Jive] group, best practices on groups usage, and conference reports (such as JiveWorld!)
That said, blogging takes time! so I thought this year I will continue with some blogging, but also shift to sharing more tips via my status, which I think will be more efficient. Here are some examples (see attached for more, feel free to use):
Functionality-related tips (we are on v5):
- Tip: The easiest way to manage the places you follow in [Jive] is to go to the Places tab in your profile, click on “Following” in the left column, then unfollow items by clicking on the gear icon to the right of the group or space (or content or people) (the following/follow option toggles between the two options.)
- Tip: Can’t find the group you created? Go to Your profile, click on the Places tab, then click on Owned Groups in the left column. Viola! There it is!
Driving adoption, training:
- Have you joined the [Jive] Advocate Community? It's a great place to ask questions about using [Jive], share best practices, [Jive] success stories, and more!
- Tip: to learn about creating groups in [Jive], check out the Community Managers Forum, where you’ll find links to webinars for Groups 101, 102, & 103!
- This month, pledge to get 3 people to upload their avatar and profile photo to their [Jive] profile.
- “The people with whom we are least connected offer the greatest opportunities” Mark Granovetter, The Strength of Weak Ties, American Journal of Sociology, 1973.
- For those of you who like points: article on 3 trends that will drive enterprise software development in 2014 (gamification is no.2!) via @VentureBeat http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/07/these-3-trends-...
So. . .what are your favorite tips to share with your internal community? Remember, no tip is too "simple" or "easy"-- there's always someone who can benefit!
Jive_tips.doc 26.5 KB