Hello, fellow Texans. I've been busy for the past few weeks speaking with UT Austin School of Information about hosting a meeting in Q1, and they just realized that they are unable to be a host due to by laws that govern their college. That being said, we are starting from square one, and I wanted to reach out to the entire group and see if any of you are interested in being a host.
We're looking for a host as well as a backup host in both Dallas and Austin, so please raise your hand if you are interested. We're also looking for a host in Houston later in the year TBD. This is a great way to contribute to your local user group, and it's also a great way to hi light your company.
In case you are interested, here are some of my notes related to the user groups meeting that we have had in the past.
- Jive owners, community managers, administrators, developers, and users
- Jive/industry luminaries
- Jive prospects
- Jive alliance agencies
- Jive sales engineers and field sales people
- Students and university representation
- Local talent including members of enterprise social groups;
- Attract Jive enthusiasts, facilitate conversations, and enable success.
- Build stronger community and affiliation among the user group members
- Give customers an easy entrée into Jive in the field
- Great way to introduce/hilight partners to customers
- Identify new business opportunities
- Expose customers to different Jive use cases
- Stay top of mind with Jive customers
- Generate word of mouth marketing
Agenda – Day TBD (suggest Wednesday or Thursday as best practice)
- 2:00 p : Networking
- 2:45 p : Introductions and Goodness Review (What goodness came out of the last meeting?)
- 3:00 p : Jive Theme of the Quarter or localized Jive content
- 3:45 p : Host showcase on business and/or Jive instances
- 4:15 p : Help a member out (brainstorm best practices around a problem; be ready in case of no volunteers)
- 4:30 p : Housekeeping and feedback
Gathering feedback from other user groups for what’s working and not
- 4:45 p : Meeting ends;
- 4:45 p - 5:15 p : Members have opportunity to talk to Jive sales and technical engineers about issues and questions
- 5:00 p - 7:00 p : Meet at local watering hole for mixing (TBD)