8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 1:36 AM by estjeban

Cluttering up (or de-cluttering) notes

surfinca

"task is due" and "deadline...has been reached" text is cluttering up my notes (so for example, I have 28 of those administrative notes before I get to the note I added on to a task created a month ago.  The task is still open and the deadline changes and I don't want to create a new task with all of its notes just to be able to see the notes without pages of scrolling.

Here's a sample:

This task is due on Tue, January 28 - 12:00am  2 minutes ago

The deadline Mon, January 27 - 12:00am has been reached 7 hours ago

This task is due on Mon, January 27 - 12:00am  2 days ago

The deadline Sat, January 25 - 12:00am has been reached 2 days ago

... and it continues on for pages of scrolling before I finally see a note that I made and want to see

Then there may be many more pages of the administrative change notes (for lack of a better term) before I see the next note that I added and want still to see.

Is there a way I can shut off all those admin notes? 

I don't recall ever seeing them prior to a couple of days ago and I have been using Producteev for I think at least a couple of years.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

• Re: Cluttering up (or de-cluttering) notes
          powerjames

This has completely destroyed my team's ability to keep notes on big tasks clean. Notes history needs to have an check box to see the history but the task is due an deadline history has really mucked up this very useful feature.

HI BJ & James,

This feature was added over the weekend. The activity stream / Audit log is a feature that was requested by many of our users.

I have shared your feedback with our developers.

Kind Regards,

Nick Church

Account Support

powerjames

Nick - I've figured out your best workflow here.

You simply need a "show/hide history" toggle in the activity steam. Show/hide history would show everything (or hide everything) OTHER than the actual conversation/notes.

Hi James,

Our developers are looking into a feasible solution here. The activity stream is something that many of our users have been asking for for a while now. However, I certainly realize it can be cumbersome when you have many users on a single task, especially with active tasks.

Hopefully we should have more information soon.

Nick

powerjames

Nick- understood. Thanks for the update. I see the value in the activity stream. However, if I showed you what some of our collaborative tasks looked like after 3-4 weeks - it's a stream of deadline changes and added/removed assignees. The information is useful but it's added clutter when you are trying to follow the conversation on a task.

1 person found this helpful

I certainly can understand that.

I've seen some particularly active tasks, and I understand how cluttered they can look. That being said, this is still being looked at by our developers, however, it doesn't look like it's going to be an immediate solution. They're exploring many options.

gabriel_eliot

Any progress on this?

I use producteev for personal use only. These administrative notes are absolutely useless to me and creates so much clutter that the tool becomes almost unusable.

Here's an example: I have weekly reoccurring task to check my financial schedule (bills, etc). The first and only note contains links to various financial websites that are relevant to me. Previously, I could click the task and immediately click through to my links. Now, I click the task and am met with a wall of completely, utterly useless deadline notes. In order to get to my links, I have to click "Load more" twice and scroll, scroll, scroll to the bottom.

Please allow us to turn off this "feature" or separate the activity stream from task notes. Another possible solution: Asana is laid out similarly with the activity stream, but they have the ability to delete individual entries, eliminating clutter in the process. As implemented, the activity stream is poison for reoccurring tasks.

I'm currently looking for a new tool because of this issue. I'd really rather not, but it's been half a year since this was posted and no progress has been made.

Here is the wall of deadlines I have to page and load more through in order to get to my relevant notes:

This task is due on Mon, December 16 - 12:00am  8 months ago

User completed the task 8 months ago

This task is due on Mon, December 9 - 12:00am  8 months ago

This task is due on Mon, December 2 - 12:00am  8 months ago

This task is due on Mon, November 25 - 12:00am  9 months ago

User completed the task 9 months ago

This task is due on Mon, November 18 - 12:00am  9 months ago

This task is due on Mon, November 11 - 12:00am  9 months ago

This task is due on Mon, November 4 - 12:00am  9 months ago

This task is due on Sun, November 3 - 11:00pm  9 months ago

This task is due on Mon, October 28 - 12:00am  10 months ago

User completed the task 10 months ago

This task is due on Mon, October 21 - 12:00am  10 months ago

User completed the task 10 months ago

This task is due on Mon, October 14 - 12:00am  10 months ago

This task is due on Mon, October 7 - 12:00am  10 months ago

The deadline has been reached 10 months ago

This task is due on Mon, October 7 - 12:00am  10 months ago

The deadline has been reached 10 months ago

This task is due on Mon, September 30 - 12:00am  11 months ago

The deadline has been reached 11 months ago

This task is due on Mon, September 23 - 12:00am  11 months ago

This task is due on Mon, September 16 - 12:00am  11 months ago

This task is due on Mon, September 9 - 12:00am  11 months ago

This task is due on Mon, August 12 - 12:00am  a year ago

User completed the task a year ago

This task is due on Mon, August 5 - 12:00am  a year ago

The deadline has been reached a year ago

This task is due on Mon, July 29 - 12:00am  a year ago

This task is due on Mon, July 22 - 12:00am  a year ago

This task is due on Mon, July 15 - 12:00am  a year ago

This task is due on Mon, July 8 - 12:00am  a year ago

estjeban

Still nothing?

It's really a deal breaker.