9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 3:16 AM by karenp

Structured Outcomes in external communities?

mnevill

Can anyone with an external community that has upgraded to a version of Jive that includes structured outcomes comment on adoption?  Was there any confusion on the part of users when to mark something as a success, final, or official?  Does anyone see users marking discussion questions for action? Has there been any confusion on where the Helpful button went since it was relocated or did you see a decrease in the number of Helpful answers selected?  If you have specific use cases for structured outcomes in an external community please chime in and share what they are and how you communicated/trained your customers to use them.

Thanks,
      Matt

• Re: Structured Outcomes in external communities?
          daniel.marotta

Matt,

All great questions, glad you posted them. I'd also be interested in hearing if relabeling (if that's even possible) Action Item/Success/Resolved to something more applicable/intuitive to the relative community.

-Dan

mark_h_intel

We'll be upgrading our external community to Jive 7 soon. I'm not sure how the structured outcome markings will be enabled. Likely these will be disabled. I do think some of the thread markings such as official will be helpful when we upgrade.

I am hoping someone who is using these in an external community will share their experience here. I'm interested too.

Mark

mnevill

Linking idea to bring back the Helpful Answer button:

Bring back the Helpful Answer button

mnevill

We are about to begin our upgrade and have so far decided to disable structured outcomes.  The problem is that this does not hide the structured outcome filters on the search results page: Undocumented Jive System Properties

I am going to report this via a support ticket but figured anyone else disabling it would want to know.

mnevill

Now that a few more months have passed has anyone upgraded that can comment on this?  We were going to disable Structured Outcomes all together, but just discovered that if we do that we lose the ability to have Helpful Answers , not to mention they are still hidden under the Actions menu. Both Helpful and Correct answers are an important KPI for us, so I'm wondering if others measure this too and if they have seen a decrease since this has changed so much.

LanceYoder

Matt,

Just curious as to why you decided to disable Structured Outcomes in your external community. We are upgrading to Jive 7 and see Structured Outcomes as a positive tool for content creators/group owners.

mnevill

Lance - The new options like Decision, Action, and Success would just confuse our users.  Those plus other options like Official, Outdated, and Final appear in several places across the platform and in my opinion can become overwhelming and create clutter especially for a new user.  We are an external support community and have a lot of "one and done" users that just want to find a document for their product or get a quick answer to a technical question and move on.  The problem with that type of a user base is there is no chance to educate them on how to use the platform in general and specifically extra features like this (if we had a use case for them) as they are not interested.  Everything has to be intuitive and not need any extra explanations like the Helpful and Correct answer buttons were.  If you have content creators/group owners it sounds like you have a different audience and Structured Outcomes may be a better fit. I would still be very curious if you notice a decrease in Helpful Answers once you enable SO, if you are measuring them today.

Thanks,
                          Matt

karenp

We are an external support community with a similar customer scenario to yours Matt.  We only have a month's worth of data so it may not be an ongoing trend but we have actually seen a decrease in answers marked correct since the upgrade to 7.  I assume it's because the correct answer "button" doesn't look like it's clickable but not entirely sure of the cause yet.  We have also seen the amount of threads with a helpful answer drop by 10%.

We have also had some complaints because marking something as helpful generates an email or notification if you are watching the space.  As one of our customers have commented "I want to know when I have given a helpful answer not when others do".

We do have Structured Outcomes switched on but are unable to make much use of them at the moment due to the fact it notifies everyone watching the space.  We wanted to make use of Outdated and Official because this influences the order of search matches to promote your "official" content and demote "outdated".  It's frustrating that we are currently not able to use this as we thought it would be really useful.

Thanks

Karen