7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 2:07 PM by nilsheuer

User context on Jive Anywhere AJAX calls...

Sagi Eliyahu & ShaLi Shaltiel,

I was working with Nils Heuer on a Jive Anywhere cartridge for some learning management systems. What he'd like to do is invoke an AJAX call from the cartridge to his back end LMS when a user completes a training. However, what we are not sure of is how to get the user context passed along on the POST back to his service. Using an app, you would do a signed fetch and the call is proxied through Jive and the user/instance information is placed on it. Tile actions use a similar mechanism and include the context of the group/user when calling back to the "home service".

Is there a similar mechanism in Jive Anywhere?

If not, and given that what we are trying to do is bring a holistic approach to building an integration--one that uses OSApps, Tiles, and Jive Anywhere--what strategies can we recommend to ensure that we are able to provide the user context in a trusted manner to a "home service"?

• Re: User context on Jive Anywhere AJAX calls...
          shalis
          I'm not sure I get the scenario here. what is this "home service"? is it a jive instance? if it is, the cartridge can invoke any web request to that jive instance and authentication will be handled by Jive anywhere. If that's another service that require another authentication process, the client will have to implement the entire process on his own. There's no generic authentication flow that can be used to all of the services in the world...