10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 8:08 AM by Stub

Workaround for Chrome places/people/content bug

Hi,

Has anyone come up with an elegant solution to the Chrome places/people/content bug: Issue Workaround: Content, People, and Places display list is broken in Chrome when in Card view ?

I would have posted this as a comment on that mentioned document but it appears to be locked down.

As the bug only affects Chrome on Windows I've made a basic workaround:

(drop this in /soy/nav/navbar.soy or similar)

{literal}
      <script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(function(){
        if((window.location.href.indexOf("/content") != -1) || (window.location.href.indexOf("/people") != -1) || (window.location.href.indexOf("/places") != -1)){
          if ((navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win") != -1) && (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('chrome') != -1)){
            jQuery("a[data-item-view-id='detail']").click().addClass('j-active');
            jQuery("a[data-item-view-id='thumb']").hide();
          };
        }
      });
      </script>
      {/literal}

I've noticed that on some resolutions the bug doesn't kick in, so the obvious downside to this workaround is that all Windows Chrome users end up not being able to use the grid card view, even if it would have been OK in their browsers.

Long shot but could anyone from Jive shed any more technical details on what CSS/JS causes the bug (JIVE-24107), or how I could fix it? I see that it's already been marked as resolved in 6.0.4 and 7.0.1 so I'm assuming there's a simple CSS or JS fix out there somewhere. Ideally I'm looking to manually apply the fix to our 6.0.2.1 instance.

Thanks,

Stuart