9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 1:06 PM by julieryan

Explaining Contributing vs. Participating Users

jessekane

We just launched Jive 6 hosted yesterday and I'm very excited about many things including the new Community Manager reports. For those of you who have been using it awhile, I want to make sure I present the user information correctly:

As described in the Community Reports panel, the number of Contributing Users (create new stuff) is a subset of Participating Users (add to existing stuff OR create new stuff). They are not two distinct categories of users.

1. Participating Users:  Users who have commented on, replied to, liked, rated/voted, edited, or created at least one document, discussion, blog post, status update, poll, video, idea, group, space, or project in the previous 30 days. It also counts any users who have joined a group in the previous 30 days.
      2. Contributing Users: Users who have created at least one document, discussion, blog post, status update, poll, video, idea, group, space, or project in the previous 30 days.

Ergo, some very highly level and squishly math reveals:

1. 10 Active User + 10 Participating + 5 Contributing Users does not equal 25 Users
      2. 10 Active User + 5 Participating (10 Participating - 5 Contributing) + 5 Contributing does equals 20 Users.
      Am I thinking logically?