The best way to get support is to file a case in your Support group here in the JC. This type of issue might be caused due to having the document in edit mode elsewhere, or some other connection issue. If you start a case, our Support folks will be able to assist you.
you probably hit the edit link in the website.
Thanks all. It's been a little frustrating becaue we love the tool but the inconsistency has been discouraging our users. I'll get this opened up in JC and if I uncover a universal bug I'll share in the community. The errors extend beyond the aforementioned error message. It ranges from random pop-ups with esoteric script to the document not being able to re-conenct, etc. Anyway, I'll do some digging and hopefully figure this out with Jive's help.
This has happened to me as well. The root cause is if you press 'Edit' in Jive and navigated away without publishing, cancelling or saving as a draft. Jive appears to keep a "lock" on the document even though you're not in it.
To correct this (or at least what has worked for us)
1) Open the document
2) Click Edit
3) Scroll to the bottom and press Cancel
4) Try opening the document in Office again
Edit: Adam - We are experiencing reconnection errors and various other little details. I have a case open with Jive and I'll let you know what the ultimate cause of the reconnect errors were.
Thanks Brian, I have also had the Jive tab dissapear from the Xcel tab. I usually have to uninstall and reinstall the Office PI to get it back - or re-open the doc from Jive.
We've experienced that as well. You need to re-enable the Jive add-in
To remedy the disappearing Jive tabs (or at least what worked for us)
- Within your Office app (Word,Excel, PowerPoint) go to File-->Options
- From the Options screen, select Add-ins on the left
- Look for Jive for Office in the application list (If its not there, THEN you definitely need to reinstall)
- If Jive for Office is present and under Inactive Application Add-ins you need to reenable
- On the bottom of the Add-ins screen change the Manage: drop down menu to COM Add-ins and press Go...
- On the next screen, make sure the box is checked and press OK
- The Jive tab should now be visible
This isn't a perfect fix as I've experienced users who go through these steps and it still does not reappear. If I find out the cause, I'll be sure to share
Hope this helps.
Hello Adam Behrens - we;ve seen that issue with the ribbon just disappearing, and have something that may help you.
- Uninstall Jive for Office (from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features)
- Run the attached OutlookBitness.reg file
- Rerun the Jive for Office Installer (available from your user Profile > Tools > Jive for Office)
I'd say 70% of our users that encounter this issue find this fix to resolve the issue.
OutlookBitness.reg 266 bytes
I guess i'm in the 30%. any other options to get this working again?