Yes, I just realized this. Please fix this. At least we can have some sort of organization if our projects are at least sorted alphabetically.
After looking at this again, I don't know if sorting is broke or not. What worked for me in helping to pin 2 projects to the top of the list is if I used an asterisk (*) before the name. Now those 2 projects stay at the top.
No, unfortunatly any changes like "*" or "0_" or anything else to be put in the name doesnt reflect the sorting order any more. It's fully broken. And this is a MAJOR error!! We have projects of customers, and they do not appear any more in any kind of order. And any new project added just appears at the end of the list. Just check the screenshot enclosed. Please fix this as soon as possible !!!!
Did you try toggling the Show My Projects or Show All filter?
Just an update to my message above. The error seems to consist of 2 issues:
- capitals (e.g. A, B, C,..) seem to be sorted bevore small letters (e.g. a,b,c) -> this meens if you have e.g. 3 projects: A-Project, b-Project and C-Project, the sorting result in PDTV will be: A-Project, C-Project, b-Project. Not really meaningful or?
- Some workspaces do not seem to check the sorting order. see the screenshot above; I also played around with the "all projects" and "my projects" filter; but nor results. funny ist, that the first project in the screenshot (VB... - another network than the screenshot in the recent post) is the only one, that is a shared project. Propably they get listed on top? If yes; again this is useless, as it disables the user of setting the top-most project, to influence the project where a tasks is created by default.
I see what you mean. I'm just a user that took an interest in this thread. I hope Jive can get this sorted out. Some stuff doesn't rear its ugly head until after apps are released, but I feel this stuff—which is elemental—reflects badly on Jive's internal development process. That's not taking anything away from their effort as a whole.
Hi Christian & HC,
Apologies for the silence on this thread, somehow I missed the initial post.
I've reached out to the developers with the examples you've posted. -- I suspect the capital letter vs. non-cap is the culprit.
Will follow up when I know more.
thanks for the quick reply. One thing to add:
besides the capital vs non-capital issue, there is a second issue for sure. I deleted today the project "VB.." - see screenshot in post from 03.03.2014 15:11. This project was on top of the list (even though it starts with V...) This was the ONLY project, where more people were involved in tasks in. After deleting the project, the sort order was only defined by capital and non-capitals. so summed up
Issue 1: capital vs non capital
Issue 2: shared projects (projects where more than one people are involved in "my" tasks) seem always to be on top of the list.
Has this been fixed. I'm still seeing issues with sorting projects. see how my below projects have sorted