9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 10:41 AM by jceinski

sorting/order of projects: new error since last Upgrade

cli

Since the last upgrade to the "Projects I'am involved in" feature, the alphabetical sorting of the projects is lost. Unfortunately the sorting order affects also the default project a new task is created in. With this error, it is not anymore possible (by naming one project e.g. "0_default") to set the default "inbox" project, and for each new task, that is created, the project has still to be chosen. This also slows down the process of creating tasks...

any feedback, if/when this will be fixed?

• Re: sorting/order of projects: new error since last Upgrade
          hmcb

Yes, I just realized this. Please fix this. At least we can have some sort of organization if our projects are at least sorted alphabetically.

hmcb

After looking at this again, I don't know if sorting is broke or not. What worked for me in helping to pin 2 projects to the top of the list is if I used an asterisk (*) before the name. Now those 2 projects stay at the top.

cli

Hi,

No, unfortunatly any changes like "*" or "0_" or anything else to be put in the name doesnt reflect the sorting order any more. It's fully broken. And this is a MAJOR error!! We have projects of customers, and they do not appear any more in any kind of order. And any new project added just appears at the end of the list. Just check the screenshot enclosed. Please fix this as soon as possible !!!!

2014-03-03 14_53_26-Producteev by Jive - Task management for teams.jpg

hmcb

Did you try toggling the Show My Projects or Show All filter?

cli

Just an update to my message above. The error seems to consist of 2 issues:

- capitals (e.g. A, B, C,..) seem to be sorted bevore small letters (e.g. a,b,c) -> this meens if you have e.g. 3 projects: A-Project, b-Project and C-Project, the sorting result in PDTV will be: A-Project, C-Project, b-Project. Not really meaningful or?

- Some workspaces do not seem to check the sorting order.  see the screenshot above; I also played around with the "all projects" and "my projects" filter; but nor results. funny ist, that the first project in the screenshot (VB... - another network than the screenshot in the recent post) is the only one, that is a shared project. Propably they get listed  on top? If yes; again this is useless, as it disables the user of setting the top-most project, to influence the project where a tasks is created by default.

Any idea?

2014-03-03 14_53_26-Producteev by Jive - Task management for teams.jpg

hmcb

I see what you mean. I'm just a user that took an interest in this thread. I hope Jive can get this sorted out. Some stuff doesn't rear its ugly head until after apps are released, but I feel this stuff—which is elemental—reflects badly on Jive's internal development process. That's not taking anything away from their effort as a whole.

Hi Christian & HC,

Apologies for the silence on this thread, somehow I missed the initial post.

I've reached out to the developers with the examples you've posted. -- I suspect the capital letter vs. non-cap is the culprit.

Will follow up when I know more.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Account Support

cli

Hi Nick,

thanks for the quick reply. One thing to add:

besides the capital vs non-capital issue, there is a second issue for sure. I deleted today the project "VB.." - see screenshot in post from

jceinski

Hello,

Has this been fixed.  I'm still seeing issues with sorting projects.  see how my below projects have sorted