4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 8:32 AM by nick.church

2.1 Update

hmcb

The latest Mac version (2.1) has a few things I noticed:

1) The network icon isn't showing at top left of the UI as it does on the web app. See screenshot here:

https://cloudup.com/c8Rzw8FrBnP

2) There is no option to make a project the default project as we can in the web app. Is that an oversight?

• Re: 2.1 Update

Hi HC -

This release concentrated more on immediate bug fixes and a few UI improvements. We're planning at least two more releases of updates to the Mac App. The Web-App is still the Full-Featured application of Producteev, we're working on making the other apps better.

Nick

Account Support

Ben Zweig

Nick Church, two things I'm frustrated with on this Mac app and not sure if they're just missing or I'm missing them:

1. Language processing on task creation: Looks like it's catching the !deadlines but everything else is ignored. There are no autocomplete suggestions for assignees and followers. I feel like there used to be an intermediate step for processing the syntax. At least on the Jive web app there are suggestions.
              2. Cannot tell which projects tasks come from in any view except the project itself. So if the task is "revise mockup," for all I know it could be from any project. This is super confusing.
                  hmcb

Ben, I agree with #2. The web app addresses this, so that's why I pretty much exclusively use it.

Ben Zweig wrote:

Nick Church, two things I'm frustrated with on this Mac app and not sure if they're just missing or I'm missing them:

1. Language processing on task creation: Looks like it's catching the !deadlines but everything else is ignored. There are no autocomplete suggestions for assignees and followers. I feel like there used to be an intermediate step for processing the syntax. At least on the Jive web app there are suggestions.
                    2. Cannot tell which projects tasks come from in any view except the project itself. So if the task is "revise mockup," for all I know it could be from any project. This is super confusing.

Hi Ben -

1: Yeah - In my testing, A task will pick up the !Deadline and +Assignee in the same task, but it disregards #Label and @Follower -- I'll file this.

2: -- this is an open bug for the MacApp, we're working on adding that to the app, but, it was important to get some other bugs out with this first fix. The Mac App has some catching up to do.

Nick