10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2008 1:28 PM by greg2

delete user

There used to be a delete user option in admin console in 1.7. Its not there anymore. How can I delete the users?

• Re: delete user

No, it's no longer possible to delete users. However, you can disable them in the admin console.

\- Seth -

How can I still go ahead and do it?  All these users are inactive users with no documents, discussions, blogs - so no issue with dependencies. They have never logged in.

OK. to be more precise I do not want these users to show up in search results - dont really care if they are still in the system. How can this be accomplished?

This is the approach I like, too.  If you could mark the user in some special way (easy: change username to gone_USER or hard: add a flag to the db), then we can customize CSX to filter out those results, perhaps with an interceptor?

Seems quite straight-forward to my small brain!  But I'm not a coder so I'll shut up until someone says it's possible

Hi there, it sounds like you want to use the Disable User functionality in the Admin Console. You can get there by navigating to Admin Console > People, viewing the user and selecting "Disable User".

The one thing disabling won't do is pull the user from search results, but it is a great improvement we can get into the product.

melwong

greg wrote:

Hi there, it sounds like you want to use the Disable User functionality in the Admin Console. You can get there by navigating to Admin Console > People, viewing the user and selecting "Disable User".

The one thing disabling won't do is pull the user from search results, but it is a great improvement we can get into the product.

One suggestion to add if not implied is to also free up a seat in your user license.  No sense to  hold up a spot if the user is disabled.

I know about diabling users. My main concern is that if would like to share the search results of people with someone they will also see some users that have intentionally created bogus profile for checking the stuff out. So i just want to blcok them out somehow from search results.