1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 6:48 AM by Ryan Rutan

Using REST to find discussion thread meta info

ekristoff

I'm using /rpc/rest/forumService/messagesByThreadID/{####} to get information about a discussion thread.  Unfortunately, I'm still using SBS 4.5.  Is anyone aware of how to get this information about a discussion thread?

• The number of views to this thread
      • Any ratings assigned to the thread
      • Which response in the thread is marked as “Helpful,” “Answered,” etc.
      • Any tags assigned to the top-level post

I've been all over http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive_sbs/4.5/index.jsp?topic=/com.jivesoftware.help.sbs.online_4.5/developer/rest/rpc/rest/CoreRestServices.html but haven't found anything.

Thanks.

• Re: Using REST to find discussion thread meta info
          Ryan Rutan

That's a bit of an old topic, and has faded from my memory, but you are definitely in the right area.

I did a quick look myself, and it doesn't look like "number of views" is supported in that version of the API.  Ratings is, you would use the:

REST Reference : Ratings Service

For helpful/correct, I checked the ForumMessage and ForumThread entities and there are no variables for this data, so chances are it is not supported either.

As for tags, you should be able to get these from the ForumThread entity data + using the Tag Service:

REST Reference : Tag Service

Hope that helps.   Unfortunately, given the age of Jive 4.5, it would be best to upgrade to at least Jive 7 or Cloud to take advantage of the V3 APIs (if that is a possibility)