5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 7:21 AM by mnevill

Communities Project - Data mapping for THREAD in JIVE_ANALYTICS schema (Jive7)

georgianateler

Hi Jive Team,

I am part of MyOracleSupport (MOS) Analytics team, working on data mapping for Communities project.

We are mapping our business requirements to JIVE_ANALYTICS schema in Jive7 (http://docs.jivesoftware.com/schemas/7_0/analytics/).

Can you please help us confirm/find the following mappings?

1) THREAD

1.1) IsQuestion

We understood that when a thread is created, it can be marked as “discussion”. Then, the discussion can be marked as a “question” or “featured”.

Is my understanding correct? Can you please explain what “featured” means?

Also, in what tables in JIVE_ANALYTICS can we find information about thread type (question/featured)?

1.2) IsSticky

As far as I understood, a thread “is Sticky” if it is of interest for many members of the community / is followed by many members / many members contribute to the thread.

Do you use this concept in Jive Analytics? If yes, can you please indicate in what table / column is this stored?

1.3) Mark Answered eMail

We understood that after receiving replies to a thread, the user who initiated the thread receives an automated email to ask him to mark the thread as “answered” or mark the responses as “helpful”/”correct”.

Is this mechanism used in Jive Analytics? If yes, in what tables/columns is this information stored?

1.4) Mark Answered Reminder

We understood that this represents a manual email sent as a “reminder” to the user that initiated the thread, to ask him to mark the thread as “answered” or mark the answers as “helpful” / “correct”.

Is this mechanism used in Jive Analytics? If yes, in what tables/columns is this information stored?

1.5) Move Thread

Thread movements impact important KPIs such as “# of Threads” or “# of Thread views”.

Business asked us to track thread movements between different spaces in order to be able to justify any change in KPIs.

From JIVEDW_ACTIVITY_META table we understand that we store information about movements. 

SELECT * FROM jivedw_activity_meta where lower(activity_name) = 'move';

Activity_type = 70, Activity_name = ‘Move’, Description = ‘Fired when any major content type or space is moved. This can fire for a blog for one specific scenario: if a community that has a blog is being merged into another community that does not already have a community.’

In JIVEDW_ACTIVITY_FACT table, there is data for Thread movements.

select f.*

from jive_analytics.JIVEDW_ACTIVITY_FACT f, jive_analytics.JIVEDW_OBJECT o, jive_analytics.JIVEDW_MESSAGE m

where f.DIRECT_OBJECT_TYPE = 1 --thread

and f.activity_type = 70  --move

and o.dw_object_id = f.direct_dw_object_id

and m.thread_id = o.object_id

and m.parent_message_id = 0

and m.thread_id = <thread id>; ex:1293956

Can you please confirm that this is the correct way to obtain information about Thread movements?

1.6) Thread Status

We understood that a thread can have the following statuses:

- Unanswered : responses received, but not marked Correct nor Helpful

- Answered: responses received and marked Correct or Helpful

- Null : no status

Is infor   Is information about thread status stored in Jive Analytics? If yes, in what tables/columns?

1.7) Thread Tags

The table jivedw_tag in Jive Analytics contains the list of tags with their names, but the table is not linked with any other table in Jive Analytics schema, on tag_id (primary key).

Can you explain how can we link the tags to a thread?

1.8) Thread URL

Is the Thread URL stored in Jive Analytics ? If yes, in what tables/columns ?

Please let me know if I can provide you more information regarding my questions!

Thank you,

Georgiana