I am trying to restore a postgres databse using a .dmp file. I have been able to successfully recreate the database a few different ways but am having issues getting Jive to recognize the new database. After every database restore, the Jive app will always 404 on the main page and the logs are outputting a lot of "BeanCreationException" after an initial "ERROR context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed".
I have tried to initialize the DB first and then install a new instance of Jive which is pointed to that DB; as well as set everything up and then override the DB with the dump data and both have resulted in the same errors.
Am I missing a step somewhere after restoring the data to make Jive accept the new database/state of the data? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jive version 126.96.36.199
Pgsql version: 9.3
sudo su postgres
pg_restore -j <number of cores on machine> -Fc -O -d core <dump file>
Grant all permissions on db core to user core to make sure data is accessible
change owner of core from postgres back to core(since it was remade)
change the following values in the restored database to avoid sending emails to prod users as well as other basic settings
- update jiveuser set email = username || 'discard@localhost';
- update jiveproperty set propvalue = 'http://127.0.0.1:8080' where name = 'jiveURL';
- delete from jiveplugin;
- update jiveproperty set propvalue = 'nomail' where name = 'checkmail.host' or name = 'mail.smtp.host';
- update jiveproperty set propvalue = 'false' where name = 'cache.clustering.enabled';
- delete from jiveproperty where name like 'jive.cluster.jgroup.servers.address%';
- update jiveproperty set propvalue = 'false' where name = 'jive.admin.cache.preset';
- delete from jiveproperty where name like 'jive.cache.voldemort.servers.%';
- delete from jiveproperty where name like '%storage%';
- insert into jiveproperty (name, propvalue) values ('jive.storageprovider.cache.enabled', 'true');
- update jiveuser set passwordhash = '392c80e00ab4d948424e091048e27566c2de2a4a9820ac2d44d9733d88af3d57', creationdate = '1282954568204' where userid = 1;
then after the restore either the previously installed, or post-restore installed Jive app in either case will 404. Do I need to maybe change a few other settings?