2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 12:07 AM by santhosh

Disabling hyperlinks for hover on users

santhosh

Hi,

The home page or people page contains usernames with hyperlinks. So when clicked on that, it takes to the profile of that user. I want to disable this hyperlink, so that whenever a user hovers on usernames, it should not show up as a hyperlink and must not land on profile page when clicked. The question is, which soy file or template file I need to override so as to create a custom one?

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh

Karthik Nag

• Re: Disabling hyperlinks for hover on users

Me personally, I do not know the answer to this one off the top of my head.  Basically,you dont want these links to be decorated?  It may be easier for you to simply run a post-processing jQuery selector that removes the styling/link destination?  For something like this I would recommend putting some controls on it though, as you might overstep easily and create inadvertent issues.

My recommendation would be to not pursue this behavior, since linking to people's profiles is a key piece of connecting content + places + people into the conversation of your company.  Assuming you have your reasons, but I would suggest looking for another means to reach your end-goals.

Hope this helps. =)

• Re: Disabling hyperlinks for hover on users
              santhosh

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the information. It's not about the decoration of those links. All I need is to disable the 'click' feature of links. I completely agree with you that the purpose of having those links are for connecting people with content and places, but for some business requirements I need them disabled.

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh