This would be a fairly straight forward signed Add-On with WebHooks, IMO, at least this is the design I had planned to use if I ever got around to re-writing that feature =)
- Register Add-On as a Signed Add-On (steps on how to do that are here: Core V3 API - Run-As Feature & Signed Add-Ons)
- Use Webhooks to listen for the following events:
- See: Jive REST Rest API v3.6 → Webhooks service
- Then use the REST API and Update/Synchronize Permission Group membership with:
- Jive REST Rest API v3.6 → SecurityGroup service
- Note: If you wanted to perform actions on Social Group memberships, you can do so by doing the following:
- Note: If you want to store metadata on the back of places to manage this sync, you can do that via the ExtProps Service, but I would recommend managing this externally in your own persistence for simplicity.
Hope that helps,
Is this possible with Jive-X? We are currently running the 2015.2 (patched) upgrade and would like to benifit from this feature.
We are currently running 2 communities housed in 1 main community. I would like to use the feature to auto sync users to the proper permission groups so users have the access to the correct spaces.
Right now I'm manually managing this and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Please let me know if this is possible.
As long as your service has appropriate permissions, I dont see why not. As long as you have an IDP syncing identity between the two systems, you should be able to read from one and write to the other based on whatever business rules you have.
I'm cautious to say this, as there is usually always a random use-case that sneaks up ... but if you are in the cloud, you have the latest of all services and features at your disposal, which is nice.