4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 4:12 AM by accenture.vsingh

Custom home page for each user in jive 7

samarth.shekhar02

Hi,

Is any one aware how we can achieve setting homepage for individual user in Jive 7.

As of now we can set it to welcome page or activity page.

What needs to be done if i need to set the home page to be a specific space for an individual.

Appreciate any quick response.

Thanks,

Samarth Shekhar

• Re: Custom home page for each user in jive 7

Without doing a customization of the product, I'm 90% sure that there is no elegant way to do this request without a customization. =\ There are some features in the roadmap that might help with some of the requirements forcing you down this path.

samarth.shekhar02

Hi Ryan Rutan,

I was able to achieve it using some customization.

Although i got blocked with one of the issue where on click on Root Space user is getting redirected to there selected homepage.

The reason mainly being the URL of Root space is like

https://<Instance Name>/

As per the logic we have used any url which is not having any referrer Url to it will be getting redirected to user selected homepage.

Though clicking on home user will be redirected to "/welcome" page

Is there a way we can change root space url to :

https://<Instance Name>/welcome

Thanks,

Samarth Shekhar

This is pretty engrained into the product, and changing the name of that service wouldn't be that easy to do...at least in terms of a "single config" change.  Pretty sure there are references to /welcome sitting around in the UI; however, confident that there is a class that determines the "home page" of the user via their preferences....and if you fixed that...you'd get a lion's share of the references.  dont have the class off the top of my head though...but most definitely would be an overlay/hack to make it work. =\

accenture.vsingh

Hi Samarth,

We are working in Jive 7.0.0.0 version and we want, when ever anyone going to create community or groups then the home page should be 'Overview' page but right now home page is 'Activity' page.

Even we added the "  skin.default.landingpage= /Overview " system property, but no luck

Please provide me some steps on this.

Thanks

Vimal Singh