5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 8:13 AM by allanlewis67

User Login History

jgotti

Looking though our DB Backup I'm trying to see if there is a history of when users log in.  More specifically I'm trying to get a count of how many times users logged in between specific dates.

I see that the jiveuser table has the lastloggedin date but thats not what i want.

Thanks

-Jason

• Re: User Login History
          Ryan Rutan

Your best bet will be to go to the Analytics schema and look there, most likely an activity record with the phrase login (sorry dont remember that schema all too well).

SchemaSpy - db_700op_default_analytics.public

You are correct that the jiveUser table cares only about the lastloggedin date, so that will only get your end-points in your search.

There are a lot of ways to capture this information now with Jive 7 and above, whether it be through WebHooks

Jive REST Rest API v3.6 → Webhooks service

and a custom development app, or the Data Export Service

Jive Developer Series - Exploring the Data Export API

Hope some of this helps,

RR

allanlewis67

Hi Ryan,

Where in CORE or EAE DBs are each log in record stored?

We just recently began an effort to use the Analytics DB to understand our users' login counts (and all other activity) across all Jive places.  We are still in Pilot mode.

We are experiencing some strange records in our on-premises 6.0.3.1 Analytics DB in which there are way too many log in (type 160) records in jivedw_activity_fact table.  Some of these are occurring on weekends. Many of these are for users who haven't logged in in a long time. Strange.  I will be working with Jive Support on this.

But since our Analytics ETL runs nightly at 2:00am here, surely there has to be somewhere in the CORE or EAE DBs where each log in record is stored, until the nightly ETL runs?

Since if a user logs in multiple times during the day, we do see multiple Analytics records.  Our system automatically logs people out after an hour of non-usage. Or is there some other instantaneous process that records the Jive logins during the day in Analytics, which I don't see data for in the most recent rows in jivedw_activity_fact table.

So surely more than the CORE::jiveUser:lastloggedin date is stored in Core or EAE?  Any insights appreciated.

Thanks

pradeepgm

Hi Jason,

Check jivedw_activity_fact table from Jive Analytics (CMR) table with activity_type=160 (Login). You can join this table with jivedw_user to get the user details.

Pradeep GM