6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 8:25 AM by mgyalog

Impact of turning off gamification?

mgyalog

Hi

I was hoping the community here could give me some pointers or ideas how to approach the challenges we will be up against in a couple of months' time.

Background:

At the moment, we are in the process of rolling out Jive 7 cloud for a ~100k org. We are also building an enterprise gamification strategy for the whole organization, for many platforms besides Jive. We would like to avoid user confusion and so we are considering turning off gamification on Jive completely while the details of the enterprise strategy are being worked out.

Given the above, I would like to understand the implications of implementing Jive without gamification.

• What's the impact on the user interface of turning off gamification from day 1? What appears where normally point details would be displayed?
      • Do points still get collected, just not displayed on user profiles and hover cards, reputation center, etc.?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Miklos

• Re: Impact of turning off gamification?
          mhfoster

Hi Miklos,

I'm a Partner Account Manager at Bunchball and can shed some light on your questions here. 

• What's the impact on the user interface of turning off gamification from day 1? What appears where normally point details would be displayed?
            • If you turn off the Jive Gamification Module (powered by Bunchball) then the user interface elements will not be exposed including the reputation tab and badges on a user's bio.  The out of the box gamification points will still be displayed.
          • Do points still get collected, just not displayed on user profiles and hover cards, reputation center, etc.?
            • Points will no longer get collected (for advanced gamification) because actions are not being sent to the Nitro engine for tracking

As you continue to build out your enterprise gamification strategy, feel free to reach out to me at matthew.foster@bunchball.com with any questions.  We can discuss your approach of touching multiple systems and how to best track & reward activity in each based upon organizational goals.

-Matt