2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 3:45 PM by Julie Cardinali Brancik

A few gamification questions

gedileon

I have a few questions re: gamification that I hope you all can help me with.

1) I'm interested in providing certain permissions for members as they reach a particular level on the community (such as the ability to author blog posts or create social groups). Would I need to manually move these people into a new permission group or is there a way that I can set up a permission group to pull all people who have reached a particular level? If it is manual, is there a way that I can be automatically notified when members reach this level? I can't think of an easy way to monitor this and ensure that I'm keeping up with it.

2) Is there a way to reward members for engaging with a specific piece of content? I know you can reward them for viewing a blog post, commenting on a discussion thread, etc, but can you reward them for viewing a specific blog post, commenting on a specific thread?

Thanks for the help!

-Gen

• Re: A few gamification questions
          gedileon

Found the answer for #2:

Metadata for Content

Metadata for an item of content consists of the content type and the content ID.

Note: Metadata name-value pairs are case-sensitive.

To limit a rule to a particular content type or item:
          1. Click Edit next to the Metadata field for the rule.
          2. Click Add Metadata
          3. Add the name-value pair type=contentType to limit the rule to a particular content type, and the name-value pair  id=contentID to further limit it to a specific item. (You need both the content type and the content ID to limit a rule to the specific item.) You can find the type and id values for a content item by starting to create or edit a piece of content and inspecting the URL to find the human-readable content type and the numeric ID. For example, a blog post URL might look like this:  https://community.mycompany.com/blog/update-post.jspa?ID=27760. You'd then add the name-value pairs type=blog and  id=27760 to ensure the mission requirement was limited to only that one blog post.
          4. Click Done.
          • Re: A few gamification questions
            Julie Cardinali Brancik

Ask this question in the gamification space. Jive Gamification