8 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 3:21 PM by CurtisG

Live Chat Rooms

liz.imler

I was curious if there was a plug-in or other way to support Live Chats for small peer groups on the Jive communities (7.0)?

We'd like to host "lean-in" sessions for designated groups similar to a chat room or Google Hangout session.

The idea is based on "Lean In" circles:

Circles - Lean In

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

liz.imler

• Re: Live Chat Rooms

Hey Liz -

So would these Circles match up with Social Groups in a Jive community?

Is the community 'gated' to very specific users, or are you going to allow pretty much anyone into the community?

liz.imler

It doesn't look like we currently have social groups on our community.  But the Circles feature would involve the idea of specified peer groups (ie. single moms, etc).

Current members can log into the community, and others can register a Guest account.  We're in beta right now, with invitations sent out to the super users of our other community.

Ted Hopton

I'm interested in this, too. It's basic video conferencing capability.

Ted, in your scenario would it be mostly a group of users communicating or individuals? 

For the video conference, are you thinking : Support style 'let me kickoff a webex so I can help.'

or more of a product feedback session where everyone joins and can see a demo / provide feedback.

Ted Hopton

Our needs are pretty broad, I would say, but all for internal use by employees within our Jive community. I could see both of your scenarios being used, plus general discussion among a group.

Have you kicked the tires in a cloud community to see how it works for employees?

gedileon

Curtis Gross, I work with liz.imler. We'd be interested in a back and forth conversation between members and our 'experts.' Experts could present and then have Q&A or it could be more discussion-based. I saw a mention of the Inxpo app available in Jive. Would that suit our needs or is there something better?

Genevieve, I am not as sure around the Inxpo application and it's capabilities, have you checked out their group INXPO?  Might be worth an ask to their team to see if it matches up.

For future versions of Jive I would like to see more of our real time functionality like chat or screen sharing make it into our external communities, so I will definitely note your use case.