5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 9:31 AM by Ryan Rutan

Sandbox Issues

caseym

Hi, I'm new to Jive development and I'm trying to use the sandbox at https://sandbox.jiveon.com/ but the UI doesn't seem to be working properly even on the home page, links don't work etc.

I'm seeing a bunch of Javascript errors in my browser console:

Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 12.47.44 PM.png

I've tried several browsers and am seeing the same problem.

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong (although I haven't even done anything yet, I cant even click on my name to start an app or anything). Thanks for any help that can be provided.

• Re: Sandbox Issues
          Ryan Rutan

This is very odd, I just checked and this is working fine for me in all my browsers.  Are you using any sort of proxy network configuration?  At a high-level, try logging in incognito mode and see what happens when the resources are loaded fresh.  Very odd indeed. =\

caseym

Thanks, helpful to know that it's working for you. I am in my work corp network but I don't have any global or browser proxies. Since I live across the street I ran home and tested on my Comcast connection and home computer where everything worked without issue, so it does seem to either be my network or this machine.

Thanks for the help, will continue debugging on my end.

Ryan Rutan

Interested to know if you could send us any detailed errors or observations.  I'll pass this along to some internal folks to see if they recognize the issue.  I personally have never seen these issues before, and that is saying something

Also, I believe there will be an update to that instance next week, which might help the situation...so be on the lookout for changes in the UI if you continue to tinker through next week.

caseym

I've attached the JS console output from both Firebug/Firefox and Chrome.

For the record I've tested in Incognito mode in Chrome with the same problem. I've also tested in Firefox, Safari on my Mac and spun up a Windows 7 VM and tested in Firefox, Chrome and IE11 with the exact same symptoms. One of my coworkers also registered and is having the same issues in the browsers mentioned.

As I said, this does work from home so the assumption is that it does not like our corporate network. What's funny is we aren't using any overt proxies, I don't personally have a proxy set on the browser or system level. Checking network requests I'm not seeing any failures and it doesn't appear that anything is getting modified in transit. Especially strange is we can use this instance of Jive and our company's instance of Jive with no problems, it's only the Sandbox.

If there's any other debugging that would make sense to share I'll gladly do it