One thing is noise control. As we join up Jive with email notifications (or add Streamonce feeds), or connect apps together - say posting a picture on Instagram and Fb - I want:
- read receipts being much more intelligent, so if I've seen the posting on Jive I want the email to be marked read (and vice versa), and if you posted a picture to multiple apps where I follow you then once I've seen it in one place....
- automated recognition that there are times when I'm head down, and want the alerts to go quiet - which isn't the same thing as turning them off.
A few more ideas we need not necessarily wait until 2020 to implement:
- Intranet of Things - let me know when James arrives in the office? (subscribable key fob activation for an employee or group of employees)
- Live leader board in workplace brings greater immediacy to gamified community systems
- Build your own team missions using gamification tools instead of relying upon an administrator
- Mobile voice interface ("Jive, show me the most authoritative documents on topic X")