2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 5:06 AM by tnilson

Need Inspiration: What will internal enterprise community look like or do in 2020?

Jackie2.0

We have a well established internal enterprise community, good adoption and engagement. I've been adding new features/upgrades and moving it ahead along the Jive point upgrade path. I'm now at the point where I need to be thinking of what this will look like 5/10/20 years down the line. How will people be using this in the future, and then work backwards from there to create my new visionary roadmap for our community.

What does your internal community look like or do in 2020? Any visionary ideas for taking mature internal community forward?

I'm reaching out to all of you to ask if you've seen anything good being done anywhere, or even just speculated upon (internal communities / apps / networks / whatever...) that you think I could utilize Jive / or expand it / or bring in or out API's to solve workflow or business problems users don't realize they have yet.

• Re: Need Inspiration: What will internal enterprise community look like or do in 2020?
          John Schwiller

One thing is noise control. As we join up Jive with email notifications (or add Streamonce feeds), or connect apps together - say posting a picture on Instagram and Fb - I want:

- read receipts being much more intelligent, so if I've seen the posting on Jive I want the email to be marked read (and vice versa), and if you posted a picture to multiple apps where I follow you then once I've seen it in one place....

- automated recognition that there are times when I'm head down, and want the alerts to go quiet - which isn't the same thing as turning them off.  

• Re: Need Inspiration: What will internal enterprise community look like or do in 2020?
            tnilson

A few more ideas we need not necessarily wait until 2020 to implement:

• Intranet of Things - let me know when James arrives in the office? (subscribable key fob activation for an employee or group of employees)
            • Live leader board in workplace brings greater immediacy to gamified community systems
            • Build your own team missions using gamification tools instead of relying upon an administrator
            • Mobile voice interface ("Jive, show me the most authoritative documents on topic X")