7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 6:38 AM by ryanrutan

How to send join request to other group?

aswani

Hi team,

i am new to jive how can a user send join request to particular group to join...if any one knows let me know.

• Re: How to send join request to other group?
          skushawaha

Hi Aswani,

You can follow below steps to invite users to join group.

1: Open group page

2: Click link "Invite people to join this group" on right hand side in the action menu of the opened group page.

3: Add users through first text box appeared on the page.

4: Send the invitation to the users by clicking the "Send Invitation" button.

Thanks,

Sanjay

aswani

Thanks for ur reply Sanjay Kushawaha,

but i am not asking that question..My question is suppose i am a member of one group and i would like to join in another group.So for that how can i send join request to that particular group. If know please tell me

skushawaha

You can do it by access the group url-

• if group is of Open type or Member only type then on group page there is Join this group button. You need to click this to join it. Once click you will become group member.
                  • if group is of Invitation only / or Private type then on group page there is Ask to join this group button. You need to click this to join it. Once group admin approve your request you would become group member.
                  • There is another group type called as secret/unlisted. Its hidden in nature. You can become member of this group if other member invites you to join this group.