4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 8:01 AM by yuval.z

Need some help on displaying jive apps links

pawans

Hi Ryan / AronRyan Rutan,

Need some help with the apps developed in new jive sdk.

I was checking this document https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-114464#jive_content_id_Place_Configuration_Action

I am trying a configuration which is not mentioned in this document.

Is there anyway way I can put my app link in following two places?

1. In the Manage menu

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 8.50.13 PM.png

2. Under the actions on the right side on manage members page

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 8.50.48 PM.png

Also how can I restrict the app link / app itself to group admin or system admins only?

And workaround for this?

• Re: Need some help on displaying jive apps links

To my knowledge, the Manage dropdown isn't an extension point and definitely not the side of the manage members page.  The best place I would stick an extension, is similar to how it is done in the Admin Essentials where you tuck the experience behind the group settings.  Does this help?

• Re: Need some help on displaying jive apps links
              pawans

Thanks Ryan.

Thats what I am using right now (the setting from admin essentials).

Was just trying to find out of I can place link outside this scope.

But it makes sense to keep it the way admin essentials is doing.

Do you have any idea on detecting a group admin or system admin for apps?

I had one way to do this, not tried it yet. In a group's context, using javascript api I can get all members with state as "owner" and then check if logged in user is part of this group.

Do you have a better way to use the javascript apis to detect group admin/system admin?

Also in an app, what all properties of a logged in users are available and how to get that info?