3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 10:59 AM by Toby Metcalf

What are some best practices for increasing user participation?

couryj

We're still in the first year of our internal intranet (although it hasn't been released globally yet).

We've had a few "peak" moments and now we are back down again for user participation.

Does anyone have any good ideas to keep people motivated in participating that doesn't require any kind of funding?

Thanks in advance!

• Re: What are some best practices for increasing user participation?
          Toby Metcalf

Hi Joan,

Is this only for internal communication and quetions?

Has your group been created to encourage project collaboration?

What is the goal of your community :-)

From there, I can tailor my answer(s)

Cheers,

Toby

couryj

Hi Toby Metcalf,

Its for our company and is used for internal communication and collaboration. Its an overall of our community in general.

We've had a few "peak" moments where the user participation was up but now it's back down, with no particular reason as to why.

We want employees to start employing this as their "go-to" vs. email for pushing out company info and working with teams.

Since it isn't "released" to every country yet, I think people just decide its not worth their time, or that its "too social" and unnecessary.

I'm just looking for some good tips on how to increase participation within an internal community without having any funding for it. #challenge

Toby Metcalf

Joan,

Thanks for clarifying – a #challenge for sure.

Communities are great for collaborating, but short on speed which may be the reason of the low adoption.

For example, ppl in my company collaborate via Lync, Chatter, and OneNote, but we utilize SharePoint and Jive as “libraries” to hold the found knowledge.

I suggest stepping back and asking why a change in tool is needed?

1.       Speed up collaboration

2.       A place to store knowledge

3.       Finding 1 platform to use.

I suggest putting together a focus group of employees and asking them what tools they need and why this new solution is best for them.

Cheers,

Toby