2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 12:35 AM by ryanrutan

Search not displaying older content

pierce.currid@citi.com

We are encountering an issue whereby content of type Idea is not displaying when it is older content.

Is this expected behaviour, even when the search term matches the Subject or Body text?

I know the relevancy of returned results is based, to some degree on creation date, but it should appear in the results?

Thanks

Pierce

• Re: Search not displaying older content
          whoiskevin

I've done some work with the Ideation module in the past.  I am not aware of anything in the indexing that would remove older content other than the reduced importance of those results due to age.  Assuming the older ideas are still in a published state they should be indexed and available.

I would try rebuilding the index and making sure that you are running some test queries that are unique enough to guarantee a result.   Always possible there is a but in newer versions or something has changed in the manager classes for the check on whether the item should be indexed.

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Search not displaying older content

This sounds like possibly a bug or environment issue.  I would file a ticket with support to track down.  Kevin is correct, as long as the ideas are still published then they should be in the index.