4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 9:56 AM by gillj

How can I add Macros to the Comments RTE in Jive 7?

gillj

This discussion came up earlier.  When I looked for a settings.js file in /resources/scripts/jive/ all I found was a 'model' directory.

1.  Is there a reason I should not add Macros to the Comments RTE?

2.  How can I add Macros to the Comments RTE in Jive 7.x?  Is there a js file, template change, etc?

Thanks

• Re: How can I add Macros to the Comments RTE in Jive 7?
          whoiskevin

Justin I don't think there is a reason you shouldn't add macros to the comments editor.  However, the path for adding macros to the editor is not as clear as other integrations.  For the standard non-advanced editor you will have to override the JS files that make up the editor (similar to the discussion you referenced).  I have not looked up the specific files but this would involve a custom build in order to get your changes to take affect.  I have tried to do additions to the editor via Javascript after document loads but it is a mess of Javascript that tried my patience.

The advanced editor as you may have noticed can be extended with macros via a plugin but obviously that does not help with what the user sees in the comments editor.