2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2014 3:32 AM by danil

Is there a way to make only client-side Jive App

danil

Can anyone provide some instructions how to make Jive app without running it on node.js server. I've made an app using jive-sdk based on node.

But it need network connection to localhost:8090. Though my app has only client side code. How to built such app and integrate it into my local

instance without running node.js server? Is there a way to build a package.zip of my app and upload that package via Addons>Upload package?

Maby there's a way to make node.js sample jive app using SDK but reconfigure so that no node.js will be needed to run(cause I only have client-side code)?

• Re: Is there a way to make only client-side Jive App
          Robert Hanson

I haven't actually tried this, but this is what I see...

In the meta.json (part of the extension.zip) you will see these settings:

"register_url": "%serviceURL%/jive/oauth/register",

"unregister_url": "%serviceURL%/jive/oauth/unregister",

"service_url": "http://localhost:9091",

Change service_url to "http:", this is known to prevent Jive from calling the register_url.  Additionally you might want to blank out both the register_url and unregister_url values (or maybe even remove the properties completely if Jive doesn't complain).

In the definition.json (part of extension.zip) you will see something like this:

{

"integrationUser": {

"systemAdmin": false

},

"templates": [],

"osapps": [

{

"name": "Sizing App",

"id": "5a95bd20-2255-5074-83bb-93eccf1a9751",

"appPath": "5a95bd202255507483bb93eccf1a9751",

"url": "%serviceURL%/osapp/sizingapp/app.xml"

}

],

"storageDefinitions": [],

"jabCartridges": []

}

The bad news is that the app.xml isn't contained in the extension.zip and must be downloaded from somewhere (AFAIK).  You will need to find a place to host this file and update the url property accordingly.  Perhaps you could even upload app.xml to your own Jive instance as a public file.

Note: I am assuming that there are no other files outside of your app.xml.  If you have additional HTML/CSS/JS files you may want to try to embed all of that content into the single app.xml file.

In theory this should work... but I haven't tried it.