2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 7:20 AM by sbannikov

Jive for Office stuck at Initializing Jive account

petelum

I'm running Microsoft Office 2013 and I've got the Jive for Office plugin installed with the intent to edit shared documents in our companies Jive space. However, every time I try to do anything with it in either Excel or Word I get stuck at the Initializing Jive account processing indicator. My only choice is to kill Word or Excel and NOT use Jive.

I tracked down the instructions on examining the log files and I'm seeing an exception from the JSON serializer.

The hardware is a Workstation running an installation of Server 2012 R2. Lots of Apps and its used for Software Development and Testing. Anyone have ideas how I might resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Text of the error below.

10:49:15,895 [21  ] ERROR [$ R001&] RequestState: Exception was thrown while calling callback.: Failed to serialize data to json objects (Method not found: 'Void Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Serialize(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type)'.)

OffiSync.Common.Utilities.JsonException: Failed to serialize data to json objects ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Serialize(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter, System.Object, System.Type)'.

at OffiSync.Common.Utilities.JsonConverter.WriteJsonObject(JsonObject jsonObject, JsonWriter writer, JsonSerializer serializer)

at OffiSync.Common.Utilities.JsonConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Object value, Formatting formatting, JsonSerializerSettings settings)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Object value, Formatting formatting, JsonConverter[] converters)

at OffiSync.Common.Utilities.JsonObject.Serialize(JsonObject jsonObj)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at OffiSync.Common.Utilities.JsonObject.Serialize(JsonObject jsonObj)

at OffiSync.Providers.Jive.Handlers.ServerInfoResolver.OnLoadSystemInfoCompleted(ResponseData response, Uri serverUrl, Action`3 callback)

at OffiSync.Providers.Jive.Handlers.RestHandler.ParseJsonResponse(Action`1 callback, ResponseData resData)

at OffiSync.Providers.Jive.Handlers.Objects.RequestState.CallCallback()