2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2014 2:57 PM by sam_ca

Missing person ID halting REST get call

sam_ca

Hi all,

I am using a series of REST calls to pull a list of place followers into an analytics database and for some spaces I am getting this error at a certain point and hit halts the retrieval of the users from that point forward and moves on to the next place:

{

• -error: {}
        • code: "peopleMissingpersonID"

}

I am using one call to get the list of places and then cycling through the placeIDs to pull the followers:

/api/core/v3/places/1000/followers/?fields=-resources&count=100&startIndex=0

Checking in postman, I can resume after this error and find all of the remaining users.  For example in a space with 5631 followers, it will successfully pull up to 2100 and then fail on this error.  Reiterating through I find this error when I get to 2188.  After that I can pull the rest of the users.

The only thing I can think of is that we have guest access enabled and that the "anonymous" user shows in activity as User ID -1.  Any idea how I can handle this user ID?  Or is there a simpler way to pull a list of the space followers? 

The Data Export API seems to only show me the actual action of a user following but I could not find a way to pull the full list of followers.  We are on Jive 7, managed hosted and we have a large amount of migrated users from a previous system so they may not show up in the User Adoption report.

Thanks,

Sam