2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 10:58 AM by gordon_sorensen

Can't merge in JiveX

gordon_sorensen

Just did our last test run from an old version into JiveX. Once over in JiveX, tried to merge 2 spaces and got following error message: "The poll type(s) supported by the source container are not supported by the destination container." Anyone know what this means, and have a solution/work around? Posted this in our private space, but haven't heard anything from Jive Support. would like to minimize my Saturday working on this issue. thanks.

• Re: Can't merge in JiveX

Just to close the loop here in case any one else runs into this issue - The problem was determined to be that the destination space, where content was being merged into, had the Polls content type disabled.  Enabling Polls resolved the issue. The set of Allowed Content Types can be configured in Admin Console > Spaces > Settings > Space Settings

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Can't merge in JiveX
              gordon_sorensen

Thanks, Dave. A couple of add’l points:

1. While I don’t have an example in front of me, I seemed to recall that when this popped up, and I finally figured out how to address it, what seemed odd was that in my source space I didn’t have polls. So why did I need to enable polls in the destination space? I got a similar message but for Events, too. In our old version (v4) there isn’t the concept for Events I don’t think. so when it gets migrated over (before merging, what is the deal with the destination not having Events enabled when the source never had it in the first place?

2. It would be REALLY great if that condition I ran into was explained in the documentation. At lease in a way that it could be found. I couldn’t.

3. After all this hassle, we might just do all our merging in our old version BEFORE our migration to go live. There wouldn’t be any issues with that, right?