Dustin Smith & Ryan Sefko gave a great talk about this subject at JW13: Speed Dat[a]ing: Community Value Reporting Demystified
Here are some of the high level use case and/or benefit statements from my internal deck explaining what CMR is to our space owners.
- User Adoption – Understand how the users in your Space/Group is are interacting with content
- Content – Understanding the distribution of content types in your Space/Group overtime
- Content Leader board – Identifying popular content
- Daily Activity – Understand the activity happening in your Space/Group over time
- Answered Questions - Ensure questions are being answered and understand how they are answered
- Filters - Provide functionality to focus on a specific user or group of users interacting with your Space/Group
- Date Range filters provide functionality to focus on a specific time frame
- Include Subspaces – Identify usage patterns of the main Space vs. all other sub-spaces
Hopefully this helps get you started at least.