8 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2016 2:55 PM by Powell

Rating with REST API?

Powell

How in the wide world of sports am I to rate content through the REST API?  I cant find it in v3.8 REST api docs site.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Powell

• Re: Rating with REST API?
          Ryan Rutan

Powell.  This is a good question.  I've escalated this internally...but all the places where I thought it existed are turning up empty.  Let me escalate to see if this is actually supported. 

Powell

Thank you Ryan!

Ryan Rutan

Unfortunately, I got confirmation that the ratings piece is not currently something that is supported via the APIs.  In the past few years, this is the first time I've heard of someone ask about this specific feature ... rather than Bookmarks/Likes (which I've heard a lot of demand).  I will go ahead and log this into the system, and see where it goes; however, due to timing between releases...there for sure will not be anything short-term about getting this enabled. 

Perhaps you solution can be altered to use Likes instead?  Understandably this isnt ideal, but trying to find a way to get you some forward progress.  Hope this helps, albeit this is obviously not what I wanted to communicate back to you. =\

Powell

Thank you for looking into this.
                      Frankly I havent heard of many people using the rating feature either.  Was 'one of those' business team requests.

As luck would have it,  I have advised that likes would be the better way to go

jive_archana

Hi Ryan,

I am also interested in getting information on JIve REST APIs for Rating. Is there a service for Rating content?

Pushpa's question in this blog would answer my queries too. Please respond. Your quick response would be greatly appreciated as we have to respond back to business on feasibility to implementation of rating feature.

pushpakammela

Hi Ryan Rutan,

We are having a requirement to get the user rating and average rating for a document/discussion and also there is a need to post user rating to a document/discussion.

Its been exactly a year ago asking this kind of feature in this post. So would like to know, Is it still not available through V3 REST APIs?  Are there any plans as such to provide through Jive version 7 or Jive version 8???

Or do you think it can be possible using RatingManager (Jive API (3.0.7) Core Javadocs) API to post user rating and retrieving average rating?

Greatly appreciated if you can answer these questions....

pushpakammela

Hi Ryan Rutan,

We are having a requirement to get the user rating and average rating for a document/discussion and also there is a need to post user rating to a document/discussion.

Its been exactly a year ago asking this kind of feature in this post. So would like to know, Is it still not available through V3 REST APIs?  Are there any plans as such to provide through Jive version 7 or Jive version 8???

Or do you think it can be possible using RatingManager (Jive API (3.0.7) Core Javadocs) API to post user rating and retrieving average rating?

Greatly appreciated if you can answer these questions....