0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 11:22 AM by felix.rubio

How Microsoft got its own employees to use Yammer | CITEworld

How Microsoft got its own employees to use Yammer

CITEworld

When Microsoft bought social collaboration tool Yammer, one of the company's first challenges was getting its own employees and partners to use it. Here's how they did it and what they learned along the way.

One of the primary goals of enterprise social has always been to provide a more efficient alternative to email as the chief means of collaborating and sharing files, and with Yammer, Microsoft is beginning to achieve that.

One problem was that they had built an internal microblogging solution at about the same they bought Yammer, and as you might imagine that caused some confusion internally about which one to use. "My biggest challenge for the first 6 months was answering 100 times a day: 'Which one do I use?'"

"We’re still an email-driven company," Slemp told me. "The truth is that people use other apps all the time, such as Lync and SharePoint, and they’ve just learned over time when to use which for the best results. As these apps become more seamlessly integrated, we know this tug of war will go away."

Microsoft employees are not using Yammer. It's pathetic.

Shared with Jive Anywhere