0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 8:08 AM by darren.beaumont

Does Jive API v3.2 have a content listing bug?

darren.beaumont

I've tried to use Jive API v3.2 (on Jive 6.0.3.1) however I am consistently finding a bug with the content listing such that the number of content items returned is significantly lower than the total number of content items that should be returned.

Example

• My aim is to access a Jive v3.2 restful end point that will give me all pieces of content within a group
      • PlaceID 4315 refers to a Jive group with 425 pieces of content.  Yet, if I try to access /api/core/v3/contents?filter=place(https%3A%2F%2Fmydb.intranet.db.com%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv3%2Fplaces%2F4315) or /api/core/v3/contents?filter=place(/places/4315) the API only returns a list of 16 items - not the 425 items paginated in sets of 25.

Questions:

1. To return a full list of content items for a group, am I using the correct REST end point and associated parameters?
      2. Are the observations in the example above a known bug?
      3. If the observations are a known bug, please can you confirm if they are planned to be fixed, or else which version of the API they are fixed in if fixed already.
      4. Why is the V3.2 content end point inconsistent with the design of other Restful endpoints in v3?  For example I would expect the contents listing for a group to be /api/core/v3/places/4315/contents - similiar to how it was for groups in v2 of the API.  Is this fixed in later versions of the V3 API?

Thanks

Darren