5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 9:52 AM by john.tauzin

Producteev and Jive

leightgordon

Hi everyone!

As I understand it, you can use Producteev without having a Jive community as a network, is that correct?

• What if you create a Producteev account*, are using to manage projects/tasks, and then your Jive community enables Producteev? 
      • What happens to your current Producteev projects and tasks? 
      • What about the network since now you would be apart of the Jive community network?

I'm trying to figure out how to communicate that user experience since it's something we're going to be dealing with once we enable Producteev.  Any help would be great - thank you!

*assuming you're Producteev account is created using the same email as your Jive community

• Re: Producteev and Jive
          As I understand it, you can use Producteev without having a Jive community as a network, is that correct?

Yes. you are correct.

• What if you create a Producteev account*, are using to manage projects/tasks, and then your Jive community enables Producteev? 
          • What happens to your current Producteev projects and tasks? 
          • What about the network since now you would be apart of the Jive community network?

You will have access to both networks using the same Producteev credentials. You will have access to your Private Network and the Jive Network created by your Jive/Producteev Admin.

leightgordon

Thanks John Tauzin - very helpful.

What if your private network was with your work team that is now connected with Jive?  Does it get confusing?  Can you migrate a personal network (work team) into the Jive network?

I don't believe it's confusing considering you select the Producteev Network your conducting work in within upper left of the Producteev application and each Jive instance will only interface with one Producteev Network. I'm not sure if you can migrate the entire Producteev personal network into the new Producteev/Jive network; however, you can move a project from your Producteev personal network into the new Producteev/Jive network within "Edit project." (hover over the project and select "Edit project.") You may need to re-establish the security of the project when migrating from your Producteev personal network into the new Producteev/Jive network considering the users in your Producteev personal network may need to be added to the Producteev/Jive network.