3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 8:29 AM by dov.amir

ExStorageMembershipOperation details missing in the documentation

ztenerowicz

I'm implementing membership operations using External Storage Framework as documented in the zip file here: External Storage Framework - Documentation

Unfortunately the documentation for membership operations is buggy and some descriptions are vague.

I was able to implement an endpoint for membership operation, the "PUT members" resource in place object, but the object sent to that endpoint is ExStorageMembership with some undocumented fields, instead of ExStorageMembershipOperation. The most prominent difference being no "action" attribute, so the put query can only add new users with certain permissions.

I respond with an ExStorageMembership with "self" resources for DELETE and PUT (just guessing, no doc). DELETE is being used, but when the user is modified, I get a new request to "PUT members" of place object.

I implemented the "POST bulkMembership" too, but have no idea how to cause it to be used. When I perform bulk operations on group members I get multiple calls instead of a call to the bulk operation endpoint. ExStorageMembershipOperation therefore remains unused and unexplored to me.

Message was edited by: zbigniew tenerowicz