3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 3:37 PM by whoiskevin

Redirect registration link

jeff.perkinson

I'm using SSO for an external community and would like to allow users to invite others to join social groups and by extension the community by email. In order to enable this option, I have to turn on the "Allow users to create their own account" option in the admin console.

Unfortunately that option also turns on the option to register, which uses the internal Jive user registration rather than our SSO user registration.

Pasted_Image_10_13_14__5_03_PM.png

In looking at /soy/nav/satelliteNav.soy it looks like we could use registrationLink.url to point to our SSO profile creation system, but I don't know where to set registrationLink.url.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks!

-Jeff

• Re: Redirect registration link
          whoiskevin

Jeff,

I think that one is hardcoded.  Check com.jivesoftware.community.navbar.impl.globalNavBarImpl.  You could probably inject a new value via spring. 

But the URL might also come from com.jivesoftware.community.navbar.RegistrationLink where it is hard coded.

You might be better served with just doing a theme to remove the link if the global navigation link is your only issue.

1 person found this helpful
            jeff.perkinson

Thanks, Kevin.

I'm a bit of a novice here, so I may need a bit more direction.

I'm in a hosted environment (not cloud). How do I get to com.jivesoftware.community.navbar.impl.globalNavBarImpl and com.jivesoftware.community.navbar.RegistrationLink to see what they look like?

Is there some Developer-type documentation that describes this kind of stuff? I've asked Jive but I haven't really gotten any good pointer to documentation.

Thanks!

-Jeff

whoiskevin

In a hosted environment you cannot modify those class files so that solution is off the table.  Access to those would be going down a path that would not be of much benefit since you cannot use customized code in the hosted environment.

Theme modification would be the way to go.  If the soy file you mentioned is available you should be able to add it to your theme from the admin console.  Sorry I can't really be more help with that since it really is something you have to dig into to understand and manipulate.  But if you have access you should be able to access the change UI link from the admin home page.  The other alternative is to simply use CSS to hide the link (again via the theme modification in the admin console).

I wish there was some developer documentation around the themes and soy templates and their interactions but there really isn't that I am aware.

1 person found this helpful